Sunday, February 05, 2006

Start Me Up!...More like Shut Me Off!

First off I mean no disrespect to the career of any member of The Rolling Stones. You guys have put together a career filled with hits and memorable moments that musicians in their dad's garage only dream of attaining.

That being said I have one request. STOP.

Let me remember you as I remember you. I remember seeing your video early on MTV for Beast of Burden and I thought you were cool. I heard the song Paint it Black in every VietNam movie ever made (and the tv series Tour of Duty) and it became arguably my favorite songs of all time. I hear Goodbye Ruby Tuesday on Oldies 103.3 FM, and I have it stuck in my head for days...(and this isn't like the having Who Let The Dog's Out stuck in your head, it's good stuck in your head). I even saw you in concert about 7 years ago, and thought it was an unbelievable event.

But tonight, I saw you on the Super Bowl Half Time Show, and I said to myself. This is it, this is more than enough.

I know what your probably thinking. You are thinking that you have to stick around until a worthy replacement comes along. You sure as hell aren't going to pass the keys of the Rock and Roll kingdom over to John Mayer or Ryan Adams...and I applaud you for this. This is a very honorable stance, but I have to say, one that isn't necessary.

Give it up, we'll figure things out afterwards, but you are doing more harm than good! It appeared to me during the three songs tonight well, actually the two songs that I knew, that at any given time, no member of the band was playing the same song...Also, Mick, it appeared that you were making up words to both Satisfaction and Start me up, at will!

Please...call it quits, I want to remember you as I do now...the band that hires Hell's Angels to do security with pool cues and switchblades. Not a shell of your former self wearing orthopedic shoes and shiny black t shirts. Please...Pretty Please?


1 comment:

MDG said...

Aaron Neville mother fucker! he sang the freaking star spangled banner. that had to be a 100/100 on the unintential comedy scale. The stones were just bad. I think they may have spent to much time in Windsor this week.