Monday, February 20, 2006

The Foundation's That Guy Hall of Fame: Part Deux

The
The second induction into the Foundation That Guy Hall of fame is none other than...That Bad Asian Guy himself Al Leong.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0502959/

Al, is probably best known as Endo from the original Lethal Weapon, where he was torturing Mel Gibson with a car battery at the behest of Gary Busey's Mr. Joshua. But he has also made huge impacts in the role of Uli in one of my favorite movies Die Hard, and to prove that he isn't a one trick pony, he showed his Comedic chops as Genghis Khan in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure..

Al's balding mullet, fu manchu moustach and muscular physique make him a perfect "That Bad Asian Guy". I mean, there's just something about this guy that screams "Bad Asian Guy"

Accuse me of picking favorites, but I like Al best as That Bad Asian Guy Uli from Die Hard. First of all, how'd some bald mulleted asian with a fu manchu end up working in some sort of criminal outfit with a bunch of German's, a black Dewayne Wayne wannabe computer genius, and a Huey Lewis clone?

And why did he eat so many candy bars? I don't know, but when push came to shove, Uli let it all hang out. It took John McClane himself to take out the "Bad Asian Guy" Uli.

If I was Asian, and a bad guy, and someone was going to greenlight a movie about my sad life, I'd want That Bad Asian Guy Al Leong to play me!

1 comment:

Duffless said...

I think it might be tough guys with no shirts week.