Saturday, February 04, 2006

Netflix Friends List...A Bad Idea?




When I got my first Netflix friend request...from foundation founder Duffless. I was extremely happy. It seemed like it was really a helpful tool to make my netflix queue managment all that easier.

The problem I've run into, is that I found the most loved/most hated section on the friends page. I looked there, and saw that someon hated Dead Poets Society... So I investigate further, and I find out that same person also hated the Natural. Now I'm wicked pissed...Two movies that I deem to be exceptional have been trashed by someone I thought was a friend.

Then I noticed that someone had actually wasted a valuable spot on the netflix queue for Sister Act and Look Who's Talking Too. Thank god he didn't get Look Who's Talking Now, I might have had to drive to his house and smack him around. Luckily for him, he hated both these movies.

Then I notice that someone has rented every romantic comedy that has ever been released on DVD. Every ONE. And a lot of them they hated...which leads me to think that there were more romantic comedies released than even I knew about!

So, needless to say, I feel like I don't even know my own friends. I mean, I'm insulted in a way that movies I love, are hated, and vice versa. Also, I wonder what kind of weird movie fetishes they have if they are ordering some of the movies they've ordered.

Maybe Netflix Friends wasn't a good idea?

No comments: