Sunday, January 29, 2006

A case of the Neville's


Sometimes, just sometimes, you can't stop singing like Aaron Neville. I've personally been suffering from Nevillitis for well over a decade. Word of warning to you people, its highly, highly contagious. Just reading this may infect you. Once you start rolling with your own high pitch Neville impersonation and start subbing in your own lyrics, you are a goner. Its terminal. For the rest of your life, at the oddest moments, you will have the uncontrolable need to unleash your inner Neville. And its always, ALWAYS, set to the tune of I Don't Know Much. I've personally documented and infected at least 10 people over the last six months, I can only presume the rise is expodential.


The biggest and perhaps most effective carrier of this awesome disease has to be Horatio Sanz. Although I have been suffering longer, what he has done with it is spectacular. Once as a judge obsessed with co-coa bu-uu-ut-ter and once during Hurricane Katrina, Golf clap, Mr. Sanz, Golf clap. Sanz 2nd appearance on SNL as Neville


My weekly poker night has come down with a particularly virulent case of the Nevilles...we just can't stop ourselves. One night our singing even summoned Neville himself! We were discussing the phenomenon and signing like Neville, subbing in our own goofy lyrics and at exactly 9:00pm EST I turned on the TV so we could watch World Poker Tour and there, on the screen..Aaron Neville in all his muscley, falsetto glory! WTF! Our powers are strong and we are many!


Look at this face, I know the years are showing
Look at this life, I still don't know where it's going
I don't know much.......But I know I love you
And that may be all I need to know.
Hear Aaron, feel the love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the blog on Aaron Neville was brilliant..It made me crap my pants with
joy..well a little embarassment, but mostly joy...How can anyone not do the
Neville voice...it's been scientifically proven that everyone at one point in their
life has done the Neville voice..with the exception of mutes...stupid
mutes..way to not talk!!!

Nothing gets me moister than seeing Aaron Neville in his "too tight for tv"
jeans, and flannel shirt with the sleeves cut off (which Larry the Cable Guy
ripped off..another reason to hate that fuck..Git 'R' Done!!...no Larry my man
you're career is Done!!) and see him do his bad hop on each foot dancing..ala
Tim Gleeson..and give us some quality singing..even if his face looks like a
homicide.

So bravo Slappy..the academy of Motion Pictures and Pointless Blogs salutes
you for your mild and I do mean mild contributions to what would have been
an otherwise boring sunday...

keep on blogging..and by bloggin I mean farting.

Dre