Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year...No Particular Thoughts

I'd like to first say, I hope everyone of the foundation members had a wonderful holiday season, no matter what holiday you celebrate...Also, a happy new year to everyone...Let's hope that 2007 is the best year ever!

Ok, couple of things I wanted to go over this new year...first off, The world lost a legend on Christmas Day. James Brown, the Hardest Workin' Man in Show Business...The Godfather of Soul...The Sex Machine himself passed away.

James may have been the most influential Pop Culture Idol of all time. I mean, his music was great, but really his Mug Shot after an arrest that had something to do with imprisoning his wife and driving across state lines, led to such great Celebrity Mug Shots as Nick Nolte, Marv Albert and more recently Nicole Ritchie.

The Parade of Dead at the oscars should be extra special this year...

Speaking of the oscars, I've decided that I may have to do a full blog posting on the two actors...or roles that I felt deserved to be nominated for Best Actor/Actress and weren't. It's funny, but both roles I have were Child actors, but their roles were so good, that shouldn't have been held against them.

The first was Christian Bale in Empire of the Sun. This kid carried a movie that was like 14 hours long...excelled!

The second is Nathalie Portman in Leon (The Professional). I swear the only reason she didn't get nominated is because there was a hint of pedophilia in the movie...although the American release had far less of it that the European/Uncut release.

Any way, I think I'll break down the acting categories of the respective years at some point, but right now, I have to get back to work.

Oh one last thing, I'm addicted to the books of James Patterson and John Grisham...I stood at the bookstore last night for 25 minutes deciding which book I wanted to buy more (Cross by Patterson or An Innocent Man by Grisham). I chose Cross, and today...less than 24 hours later, i'm almost done with the book. 20 bucks for 24 hours of reading doesn't seem like a good bargain. So Barnes and Nobles...Help me out, put the books by these guys next to the Romance novels or something, so I don't buy them in hardcover.

Allright, I'll be back with a more substantial blog soon, maybe even later today.

No comments: