Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Greatest Little League Baseball Player Ever!

Then


Now

Jackie Earle Haley...better known as Kelly Leak from the Bad News Bears films, may be known for another reason come this spring. Turns out Jackie Earle has returned to acting, and had a supporting role in the movie Little Children. I've yet to see the movie, but apparently it is a set in boston movie about the lives of married couples and their children...If I'm not mistaken Jackie plays a pedophile, but I could be wrong.

Well it turns out that Jackie's role won the New York Film Critics Award for Best Supporting Actor. And now they are talking Oscar!!!! I've never been this excited since I saw that Johnny Lawrence/Chaz Osbourne himself Billy Zabka was nominated in the best short film category a few years ago!

The movie is written and directed by the same guy who did the movie In The Bedroom, and stars Kate Winslet and Jennifer Connelly...and their breasts.

I've missed Jackie Earle. He made two of my favorite movies of all time...Bad News Bears and Breaking Away. And that's pretty much it, but he's always garnered much respect from me. Now all I can say is congratulations! And Good Luck Jackie Earle, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors...and if I had a vote come this spring...you'd be it!

4 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

Wow ... I never would have known that they were one and the same! ... I"m glad he got that recognition, and I definitely want to see this movie if I ever get the chance

Anonymous said...

Little Children got amazing reviews from a variety of publications, from the Improper to the New Yorker...not sure it's a must-see in the theatre but we put it in the netflix queue. -sj

Anonymous said...

i had to come back to note that Little Children just got nominated today for a Golden Globe for Best Picture!!!!! sj

fuge said...

But Sadly...Jackie Earle was not nominated. :(