Friday, June 09, 2006

What Station Plays The Oldies?

I'm listening to Oldies 103 FM in Boston right now, and I've heard Grand Funk Railroad, Elton John, Billy Joel (Uptown Girl which was from the 80's) and Eric Clapton.

I'm wondering when a classic rock station took over for Oldies 103. I'm not complaining too much, the music is good, and I get to here some great songs like Brandy and Bus Stop on a daily basis, but where can I go to find songs like:

Earth Angel
Sh-Boom
In The Still Of The Night
Sillhoette on the Shade
even The Lion Sleeps Tonight!

I want DooWop, I want Old Motown, I want Frankie Valli, I want Frankie and the Teenagers.

I mean, I actually heard Matthew Wilder's Break My Stride, and Turn The Beat Around by Miami Sound Machine on Oldies, so I know they must have changed format.

No comments: