Wednesday, June 21, 2006

England like a Mofo


So I've been watching and reading a lot of British things lately, the latest Nick Hornby book, Coupling, The Office and let us not forget Ed vs. Spencer which Fuge was nice enough to point me to. Ed vs. Spencer is about two roommates who compete each episode on things like who can gain the most weight, anyway, this show merits its own post, I mean one of them was England's Air Guitar champion for 2 years in a row, that's skills.

So anyway, in the last six month I've realized I've picked up a lot of British slang, here are some of my favorites, some old favs and some new:

Minge: the area which houses the vajayjay, ie, the muff or the mound, or a woman's front ass
Pants: underwear or panties
Redundancies: layoffs, ie. your job has become redundant, pack your shit and get out
Knobhead: dick head
Jumper: sweater
Trainers: sneakers
Nappys: poopy diapers
Togs: swim trunks
Bin Bag: trash bag
Bollocks: balls
Buggerer: an anal sexer!
Poof: homo
Prat: moron
Brill: Brilliant or awesome
Slag: to make fun of, not your mom
Tosser: chronic masterbator
Skint: broke, no cizzash
Ponce: Slacker and perhaps douchebag
Snog: vigorous Frenching!
Shag: vigorous boinking!
Pissed: get drunk
Knock Up: to wake up, not impregnate
Fanny: see minge! - in the Uk, fannypack would mean vaginabag
Kip: short nap
Mini Break: small vacation/long weekend
Sacked: fired
Smart: looking good
and my new fav
Gusset: the front, crotchal region of a women's panties

There are so many, please share your favs!

5 comments:

Dan Nolan said...

I always liked taking the piss.

Dan Nolan said...

Sorry. Should clarify: I always like the phrase "taking the piss".

Scooter B. said...

I always liked the Irish "Craic" as in "ah, that pub has great craic" - no, don't alert Andy Dick, it's just a lively, entertaining place.

Duffless said...

I love when Janeane Garofolo is lookng for a bar in The Matchmaker(god I love that movie) and the lady recommends a place with "good crack", and she says 'I assume by crack, you don't mean the incredibly hard drug" and the irish lady laughs and says, "No, just means having a bit of a laugh"
And.....Scene



This is my renaction of the scene, I could act out the whole movie for you, should you get bored.

And

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Diet medication online didrex