Sunday, June 11, 2006

Please see this movie!


I want to urge all Foundation readers to go see An Inconvenient Truth. I saw it today and it was very done but frightening. However, I left the theater with a sense of hope, a hope that its not too late, a hope that we can all do our own personal best to save the environment. Al Gore jokes aside, he did a wonderful job with this film and not since Jimmy Carter have I ever seen a politician use their access, connections and passion to actually try and make this world a better place. I wasn't sure what to expect from this movie, but I was shocked at how well the material, which is basically a slideshow, is presented. While this post is not typical of the intent of this blog, I consider this one of the small things I can do to help the cause. I URGE YOU TO PLEASE GO SEE THIS FILM. It's currently playing in Harvard Square and other places around town.

If you don't want to listen to me, here are some other thoughts on the film: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inconvenient_truth/?sortby=rating&critic=fresh

No comments: