Monday, May 29, 2006

Now thats it! I'm gonna be right outside those doors. Next time I have to come in here, I'm crackin' skulls.


Rest in Peace Principal Veron. Paul Gleason, another great character actor taken too soon.

I remember clearly the day that I realized I was getting old. I saw the Breakfast Club 2 or 3 years ago and actually started to feel for the principal and what he was trying to do. It was then I knew I was old. When I was a kid, I wanted to be in the Breakfast club, they were so cool - - and now I relate more to Dick. How the tide has turned.

Here is the Duffless Foundation Tribute:

Richard Vernon: What if your home... what if your family... what if your *dope* was on fire?
John Bender: Impossible, sir. It's in Johnson's underwear.

Richard Vernon: [Andrew laughs at Bender's backtalk] You think he's funny? You think this is cute? You think he's "bitchin," is that it? Let me tell you something. Look at him - he's a bum! You want to see something funny? You go visit John Bender in five years. You'll see how goddamned funny he is!

Richard Vernon: You think about this: when you get old, these kids - when *I* get old - they're going to be running the country.
Carl: Yeah.
Richard Vernon: Now this is the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night. That when I get older, these kids are going to take care of me.
Carl: I wouldn't count on it

Richard Vernon: You ought to spend a little more time trying to do something with yourself and a little less time trying to impress people.

Richard Vernon: What was that ruckus?
Andrew Clark: Uh, what ruckus?
Richard Vernon: I was just in my office and I heard a ruckus.
Brian Johnson: Could you describe the ruckus, sir?

Richard Vernon: Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns.

2 comments:

Dan Nolan said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMIUgRiY65U

Duffless said...

Classic! That kid rules.