Saturday, October 22, 2005

Lane Meyer is still my main Weiner Man, but Cusack is just a Dick


I can pinpoint the exact moment when my heart broke, it was in reading this article with Dan Schnieder(Ricky) and Savage Steve Holland (director of Better off Dead)

"So, let's talk about Cusack hating the movie."

The next morning, he basically walked up to me and was like, “You know, you tricked me. Better Off Dead was the worst thing I have ever seen. I will never trust you as a director ever again, so don’t speak to me.”

DS: Are you kidding?!

SS: No, it was that bad. He was just really upset. And I said, “What happened?! What’s wrong?!” And he just said that I sucked, and it was the worst thing he had ever seen, and that I had used him, and made a fool out of him, and all this other stuff.

And I was just stunned, because it was as funny as shit. And he was great in it. And he was helping me edit it throughout the summer.

How did that affect you?

SS: It made me not care about movies anymore. And I didn’t even want to do One Crazy Summer at that point. I was just gone. It was sort of like the break-up that I made Better Off Dead about. It was so out of left field, that it just floored me.


Savage Steve Holland has long been my hero, Better off Dead, One Crazy Summer, How I got Into College....then he disappeared, not caring about movies anymore and retreating to animated cartoons. Damn you Cusack! Damn you straight to hell! You pretentious motherfucker...I loved you goddamnit! You broke Savage Steve's and my heart, you left us for the ski instructor. How dare you, and what have you done for me lately? American Sweethearts, you have the gall to dis one of the greatest movies of the 1980s , and take all your power to star in Must Love Dogs - by and far the worst movie of the summer. Well fuck you Cusack!

The Article that Broke My Heart

Word has it Savage Steve Holland will be back directing the remake of Porky's for Howard Stern...ummm yeah..as long as Curtis Armstrong is in it, I'll give it a shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Xmas Day 2005 & I decide to have a John Cusack fest. BOD, OCS, Tapeheads...then I get curious & look up Savage Steve Holland. And read the same interview.

I've thought John's career has gone South since "The Grifters" & wondered why all his charactors (Being John Malkovich, Hi-Fidelity) were jackasses. Guess he was just "being true" to his real self.


Pity.