Thursday, October 20, 2005

Landslide? WTF



Ok, so I was trapped in my car today driving home from exciting Franklin Mass. WooT!
On the radio "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac - I take serious issue with her poetic license. If you are on a SNOW COVERED HILL, how is that a landslide? Typically a landslide would be the result of rocks falling, or more likely due to wet rainy conditions...its an Avalanche you metaphor ruining donkey! I say if your songwriting consists of only cheesy cliches, take some of your gypsy cape budget and buy a few dictionaries. Besides, there aren't enough songs about Avalanches.

I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
’till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I’ve been afraid of changing
’cause I’ve built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I’m getting older too

Oh, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down

If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well maybe the landslide will bring it down

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find your racism toward gypsies appalling

bandit said...

dude! Shotgun down the Avalanche! fantastic song.

banky said...

Bandit wins!

bandit said...

bandit *always* win.

i would have thought that banky would have learned this by now ;)

Scooter B. said...

I just think it's cool that she can see her reflection in the snow. Does that mean she's super-duper white?

Could I see my reflection in snow that dogs have peed in?