Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Chris Elliott wrote two books?


Last week Chris Elliott came to the Coolige Corner theater to hawk his new book The Shroud of the Thwacker. It was fun, he spoke for about an hour or so, until some young James Lipton douchebag wannabe told him to "wrap it up". The place was nearly sold out, I think more people were there to watch Cabin Boy, than people who saw it when it came out years ago. If I remember correctly I was the only person in the theater the first time I saw it. Its an underated classic. Weirdly, I noticed this time that Doc Oc, Alfred Molina, had a bit part in it. I mean who was his agent? He played a teacher at the Fancy Lad school. While on the topic of Alfred Molina, if you like movies with tits and chicks with unibrows and moustaches, check out Frida. I think I'd consider going lesbian for a topless, unibrowed Salma Hayek.

Anway, back to the story, so Chris Elliott did his book reading and someone asked him about Daddy's Boy. Apparently in the 80's Chris Elliot and his father wrote a spoof of Mommie Dearest. Check out the ratings on Amazon, people are shitting their pants over how funny it is. My question, is why did I not know this existed? Amazon Link

Where did I go wrong, am I not the nerd I think I am? I mean i'm at a Cabin Boy screening on a Wednesday night, in the year 2005, and i'm with people who think James Lipton is not the antichrist.

His new books seems pretty funny, its a spoof of Caleb Carr type books about turn of the century New York, it was funny as hell when he read from it, but I'm not sure how funny it will be when reading it. But screw that, I'm getting Daddy's Boy. Dare I combine my life-long love of Mommie Dearest with my warm affection for Chris Elliott? As a small child, I remember loving Mommie Dearest, it would come on HBO and I'd be so happy, my mom and I would watch it together sometimes. One year for Christmas, my mom got it for me on VHS, I brought it back to college all psyched, and people were like what mom buys their daughter Mommie Dearest for Christmas? It was the same year I bought a hand grenade for my brother at an army surplus store and put it in his stocking.

So check out Mommie Dearest, learn to love Chris Elliott and no more wire hangers!

Suicide Girls Interview with Chris Elliott

2 comments:

David said...

Funniest Line in a "Cabin Boy" movie evah.....

David Letterman saying "Wanna buy a monkey?"

David said...

Ooops, pressed publish before I could say "No more wire hangers!"