Monday, September 15, 2008

Segway Abe


Today I was driving home from work and saw a guy on Mass Ave on a Segway, in full Abe Lincoln gear, including beard. On his back it said Segway Abe. Being a menace on the road I managed to snap a photo while driving. It didn't come out so hot but I found a closer up one on google which I put below.

I don't know who this guy is, or what he's doing but it is fantastic!! Despite the never ending winters these are the kind of things that keep me loving Boston. The creative weirdo factor is so high, especially around Somerville and Cambridge. From the Morris Dancers I posted about a few years ago, to the SKUL bicycle "gang" and now Segway Abe - I love it!

Too bad Sarah Vowell isn't for another 2 weeks, I feel like she'd be a person who'd appreciate the awesomeness that is Segway Abe. For some weird reason comedians and quirkly misfits (think Conan O'Brien) love our pal Abe.

I found several sites with people trying to figure out who/what he is. I found his myspace page, which could be the only thing left worth checking out on myspace, for the sheer fact that he's listed as being from Vinyl Sidingsburg , plus his only friends seem to be other Abe Lincoln's. Have I mentioned this is fantastic?

http://www.myspace.com/famousfartzone

4 comments:

shayne said...

truly awesome

neogonzo said...

join the segway abe flickr group and post your photo!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/segwayabe/

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of hombre who loves to seek recent things. Currently I'm building my private photovoltaic panels. I am managing it all by myself without the assistance of my staff. I am using the net as the only way to acheive that. I ran across a very awesome site which explains how to contruct pv panels and wind generators. The web site explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I am not sure about how correct the data given there iz. If some people over here who had xp with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the thread it would be great and I would highly appreciate it, cauze I really passion [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U guys are the best.