Sunday, September 14, 2008

I think I just threw up

I love romantic movies. Particularly I like romantic comedies, your average pos crappy romance movies are a wonderful guilty pleasure treat. However, I simply cannot stomach Nicholas Sparks movies. The ladies at work are always going on about crap like The Notebook and how much they love the book and movie. I like some REALLY REALLY bad romance movies but even I have a standard, and Nicolas Sparks is well below my that line.

The last few days I've begun to see commercials for a movie called Nights in Rodanthe. Weird title I know. Anyway, at very first glance it looked like just another Diana Lane middle aged woman finding herself Under the Tuscan Sun type of thing. That was until they revealed a little bit of dialogue that had me almost literally recycle my dinner.

So let me set the scene, based on the limited information in the commercial, Diane Lane is going through a potential divorce. She is also is some sort of innkeeper at some ridiculously nice summer mansion seemingly on the beach. It's off season and Richard Gere is her only guest and he's dealing with some drama of his own. They have some dinner, yadda yadda yadda, and she shows him some wooden box that she's made (yes, I giggle that she showed him her box, I'm a child, but I digress) anyway upon showing him her box she says:

"I made that, it's to keep special things safe."

he replies:

"Who keeps you safe?"

to which I reply:

vomit

REALLY!?! WHO KEEPS YOU SAFE?

are you freaking kidding me, this has to be one of the worst lines in film/literature history.

Pass me a gun.

Do yourself a favor and don't watch this:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my favorite part was the wild horses running free on the beach.

Run, horses, ruuuuuun

Seriously, though... I ask you, duffikins, since you are so precious to all of us...

who keeps you safe?

Duffless said...

hahaha, tiger

awesome!

sounddoc said...

sassy black female friend? check!

Duffless said...

Ha, my friend Dre's favorite movie/tv cliche is the "fat black and sassy" character.......which is why he's friends with me ;-)

well 2 out of three ain't bad

Josh said...

Do myself a favor and don't watch what? Make your posts accessible to people reading them months later!