Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Oscars Update

I've watched two movies that are of Oscar Nomination importance the last few days...thanks Bittorrent!

First I watched The Little Children. Starring Kate Winslet (nominated) and Jackie Earle Haley (nominated as well). As much as I'd like Jackie Earle to take him the statue due to his early work, and as much as I think he did a great job in this (absolutely f'n creepy! by the way), I think I can say with all honesty that both Marky Mark, and Alan Arkin had roles I'd consider to be better suited for the Oscar. Either way I think the point is moot, because Eddie Murphy is going to win because people are figuratively suckling his junk at every opportunity.

If you haven't seen The Little Children, I definitley reccomend it, there is some good acting, some real creepy scenes, and Kate Winslet's Boobs...What else could you really want?

I then saw Half Nelson, starring Ryan "I love thos cupcakes like McAdams loves" Gossling. Gossling was the only nominee in this movie, although I feel Shareeka Epps may have deserved it for her role as Drey, but as I've read in other published reports, the Academy was probably ready to nominate one young female actor this year and Abigail Breslin filled up that quota. Gossling was great in this movie playing a drug addicted teacher who tries to teach his students that history is more than just about memorizing dates and names. Anyways, the movie doesn't have a lot of plot twists and turns, but the characters and the dialogue is great...I suggest it as well.

I don't think Gossling can win anything, I mean, he's not going up against Dame Helen, but he is going up against Forrest Whitaker, and in this battle he has less chance to beat Forrest Whitaker than Lincoln High did of beating Ridgemont after Spicoli spraypainted the car to pretend it was a prank after he had crashed it.

I think I'm going to try to get Blood Diamond next...and then maybe The Queen...I don't know...I'll keep you updated!

No comments: