Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Thirty is the new...

Today is a historic day in the world. I am no longer a twenty something, I am now 30. I know, I know, thank you all for your kind birthday wishes. To be honest, I don't feel any different except that people decide to call me old man, and ask me if I feel any different, so then I think that maybe I should feel different. Well maybe subconsciously I do feel different, I did just go to a financial advisor about retirement plans.

ANYWAY I digress.

This blog is purely to celebrate the awesomeness that happens on my birthday.

Here are some notable events that have happened on my birthday:

in 1957 Sputnik was launched, starting the Space Age.

in 1822 Future president Rutherford B. Hayes was born.

in 1777 George Washington led troops into Germantown PA...heavy American casulaties occured.

In 1940, Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini conferred at Brenner Pass in the Alps, where the Nazi leader sought Italy's help in fighting the British.

In good news though, in 1970 Janis Joplin Died!

Some other famous people that share my birthday include:

Alicia Silverstone (also 1976)
Susan Sarandon (1946)
Charlton Heston (1923)
Stuttering John Melendez (1965)
Liev Schreiber (1967)
One Hit Wonder Jon Secada (1961)
Armand Assante (1949)
Russell Simmons (1957)
Rachel Leigh Cook (1979)

So, not a bad day, couple of oscar winners, two stars of a classic teen movie, a one hit wonder who may have had more success on the latin charts, and others.

Enjoy my birthday everyone, and I hope to bring you blogs for many many years to come!

2 comments:

Duffless said...

Liev Scriber is in one of my fav movies, Walking and Talking, so you got that going for you. On behalf of the other half of the foundation, welcome to the 30s! The Foundation is almost 1 btw

Anonymous said...

I -heart- Liev Schreiber! He is awesome. That makes sharing my birthday with Donna Summer and Scott ian seem extemely anti-climactic.

BTW, 30 is old hat. Wait until you hit 34! I'm about to have a stroke!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!